If you are struggling with cancer, there are many challenges that come your way. There are many different things that you can try to fight off cancer. One thing that you being a cancer patient will be recommended immediately after diagnosis is to start a supplement regimen. There are several types of best supplements for Cancer Patients are available today which can help shrink cancer treatment while some might prevent cancer from growing.
When you take these supplements with traditional Alternative Cancer Treatments, they can play a vital part in cancer treatment. One thing that you need to remember while choosing the supplement in your condition is that there are certain supplements on the market that can harm your treatment and hinder your well-being.
This is why you should always consider asking your doctor before taking any supplements. They will recommend supplements that will not interfere with your ongoing treatments.
Here, we have the list of 5 supplements that you being a cancer patient must take –
- Vitamin D – It has been proven that there is a direct correlation between Vitamin D deficiency and the risk of developing cancer including breast, colon, prostate, or ovarian cancer. If you are a cancer patient taking vitamin D supplements can prove a very effective and cost-effective way to combat cancer while restricting it to grow further. There are many Vitamin D supplements available on the market today but, you should consult your doctor before buying one. He will check your vitamin D level through blood work and recommend the best one for you.
- Berberine – Another recommended supplement for cancer patients is Berberine which is also abbreviated as BBR. It inhibits cell proliferation by regulating the cell cycle & cell autophagy. This is the process that helps suppress the growth of tumours among cancer patients. This is also the supplement that has anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties that are responsible for regulating the tumour microenvironment. Cancer patients who also suffer from diabetes must avoid taking the supplement since it lowers their blood sugar level.
- Quercetin – Quercetin is one of the natural phytonutrients that comes from a plant source and is also found in several different food sources. This supplement is also known to cause cell cycle arrest in several forms of cancer like colon, breast cancer, lung cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Resveratrol – Another supplement that is recommended to cancer patients is Resveratrol. This is a polyphenol compound that is usually found in food items like grames, nuts, and berries. It is popular for its anti-cancer properties. Several studies have proven Resveratrol to be an effective supplement to fight cancer while making treatments like chemotherapy more effective.
- Melatonin – Many doctors recommend cancer patients take melatonin supplements. Several studies have shown a direct relation between circadian rhythm and tumour growth. Taking melatonin as a supplement can also help fight cancer cells while improving sleep in cancer patients.
These are the 5 important supplements that most cancer patients are advised to take. All these supplements listed above come with a set of benefits. However, as we have mentioned, you should always check with your doctor before including any supplement in your daily diet. Fighting cancer in itself is a struggle. These supplements are recommended to make these conventional cancer treatments more effective. This is not all. Several alternative cancer treatments also include the use of these supplements. There are several Mexico holistic cancer treatments that you should consider giving a try if the conventional treatments have failed you or you are exhausted from them.